Admin

Join us on the new ArtByte Slack channel!

On 9/25/2017 at 11:56 PM, Gaze AF said:

Hi Admin, do you have a telegram channel?

I would also like to know this, because seems that Slack has very few people registered in general, and currently I can only see two online. But that's understandable, I also don't like using Slack as a platform, but Telegram could be more interesting!

18 hours ago, Coinbiz said:

Telegram or /and discord is better than slack. lots of cryptos ethusiasts are on telegram

I think discord is also a good option, while I personally see it as more of a gaming-related thing. Also I just like to keep different platforms for different things as not to mix up user accounts, but that's probably just me :)

On 12/6/2017 at 12:21 AM, Adedunmola said:

I KNOW LOTS OF HONOURABLE MEMBER OF THIS FORUM WILL OFFER TO MANAGE ONE FOR A PENNY. 

I highly doubt that many would be willing to take up such an extensive task for completely free :P At least I can personally say that I spend too much time working already, so running any sort of a community would be too much of an undertaking right now, even if paid!

13 minutes ago, Cahoot said:

I highly doubt that many would be willing to take up such an extensive task for completely free :P At least I can personally say that I spend too much time working already, so running any sort of a community would be too much of an undertaking right now, even if paid!

Do you know how many people in crypto sphere that do any other thing apart from crypto? I can sacrifice close to 4hrs in a day. 

9 hours ago, hj27 said:

@Admin Do you think we could create at least an un-official Telegram channel? Do you find any problem?

Alright. Let's wait for his response. Though I will suggest Admin to open one himself with him solely having the admin privileges. This is to avoid hijack. 

On 12/8/2017 at 1:34 PM, Adedunmola said:

Do you know how many people in crypto sphere that do any other thing apart from crypto? I can sacrifice close to 4hrs in a day. 

Pretty much everyone? I'm sure that the amount of people actually making their living off of cryptocurrency is still pretty small, because you can't really make anything out of trading unless you play with big money anyways, otherwise it takes time.

1 hour ago, Coinbiz said:

Like seriously? The biggest thing i do for living is Crypto trading and you dont need too big amount of money to make money trading crypto. All you need is right information with ball steel.

I don't understand the expresion "ball steel", but I also think it's not that easy. You read twitter and apparently all the people is buying the dips and selling at tops, but things are not that easy... It's my personal opinion, I'm a totally noob.

11 hours ago, Coinbiz said:

Like seriously? The biggest thing i do for living is Crypto trading and you dont need too big amount of money to make money trading crypto. All you need is right information with ball steel.

Good for you then, personally I'm pretty certain I'd just lose money, or in the best case scenario would make just few bucks, so it's much more safe for me to work and keep holding my coins. At least I can't lose them because of my own bad decisions.

12 hours ago, Admin said:

ArtByte now has a telegram channel, called "ArtByte" :)

We also created a channel called ArtByte, t.me/artbyteme

This is great. We really have an admin that listen to peoples advivce.

12 hours ago, Admin said:

ArtByte now has a telegram channel, called "ArtByte" :)

We also created a channel called ArtByte, t.me/artbyteme

Sir, its a closed channel you created. Thats good . it can serve as a news channel rather than a group of which this forum is already serving the purpose.

12 hours ago, Adedunmola said:

Sir, its a closed channel you created. Thats good . it can serve as a news channel rather than a group of which this forum is already serving the purpose.

Telegram is new to me, so do you guys want an open channel? I am ok with that.

29 minutes ago, Admin said:

Telegram is new to me, so do you guys want an open channel? I am ok with that.

I think closed channel should be okay 👌 since we already have a forum where issues relating to ArtByte are being discussed. Let's hear what others have to say. Also, I'll like to suggest a solo airdrop to drive people to the group. It may not be more than 50artbyte airdrop. 

I don't have a clear answer. I just previously just asking. I see advantages / disadvantages in both approaches.

However I would "vote" for Open, although I admit there is a clear overlap with the forum. Telegram channel is a very natural interaction channel in crypto (yes, including meme sharing, nonsense chatting...). With a little promotion it could be a low barrier way to gather more members to the community that could join the forum and the community. However this option requires a lot of work.

The closed group would be useful for announcements, but I do not know if it would be useful to grow the community.

Would need to be open so that people can discuss, closed channel if essentially useless unless used for news/announcements only. I see Telegram as a good way to deal with growth because it's quite likely that doesn't require people to create new credentials which is always a chore, even if it's a small chore. Most of us already have Telegram accounts, and since you can just join channels (instead of, say like Slack where each channel needs a new user account) it lowers the barrier to join a lot.